MonSEFF case study (Mongolia)
- A Mongolian company operating in production and sale of more than 40 types of sausages, hams and meat products.
- The company decided to invest in a new meat processing and storage plant which will be constructed and operated in Ulaanbaatar. The project presents, compared to country standards, significant advantages in terms of energy efficiency and renewable energy - in particular as result of high-efficient systems like cooling, freezing, heating, thermal insulation, lighting and PV panels.
- The MonSEFF team visited the company and, based on the gathered data, calculated the energy and cost savings related to the investment.
- Payback period: 5.9 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR): 18%
- Energy saving: 3,436 MWh/year
- Costs Saving: 140,400 USD/year
- Carbon emission reductions: 1,125tonnes per year
- Other benefits: Reduced maintenance costs, improved product quality, reduced food losses, increased business competitiveness
MonSEFF success story