MonSEFF case study (Mongolia)
- A Mongolian company operating in different sectors. In particular, the company owns and manages different well-known restaurants in Ulaanbaatar, provides catering and different food services and furthermore has dedicated branches for construction and agricultural activities.
- The company decided to invest in a new complex of warehouses for meat and vegetables storing, which will be constructed and operated on 2.5 hectares of area outside Ulaanbaatar. The project presents, compared to country standards, significant advantages in terms of energy efficiency - in particular as result of high-efficient systems like cooling, freezing, heating, ventilation, thermal insulation and lighting.
- The MonSEFF team visited the company and, based on the gathered data, calculated the energy and cost savings related to the investment.
- Payback period: 7 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR): 12%
- Energy saving: 2,025 MWh/year
- Costs Saving: 196,700 USD/year
- Carbon emission reductions: 1,550 tonnes per year
- Other benefits: Reduced maintenance costs, improved product quality, reduced food losses, increased business competitiveness
MonSEFF success story