MonSEFF case study (Mongolia)
- A Mongolian company operating in the pharmaceutical sector. The company owns and manage pharmaceutical factory, pharmacies and wholesale medicine supplying centres, and is able to produce over 70 types of medicines.
- The company decided to replace an inefficient filling and sealing line for pharmaceutical products with a new, more efficient one. Overall, the new technologies are 54% more energy efficient compared to baseline scenario, particularly due to higher efficiency of the equipment, significant optimisation of production layout and improved control of operations.
- The MonSEFF team visited the company and, based on the gathered data, calculated the energy and cost savings related to the investment.
- Payback period: 8 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR): 11%
- Energy saving: 1,190 MWh/year
- Costs Saving: 37,300 USD/year
- Carbon emission reductions: 394 tonnes per year
- Other benefits: Reduced maintenance costs; lower failure and reduced unexpected interruptions; Increased product quality; simpler and more precise control of the operations
MonSEFF success story