MonSEFF case study (Mongolia)
- A Mongolian company owner, developing software tools for numerous public and private clients.
- A new tourist resort is being constructed at short distance from Ulaanbaatar area and uses energy efficiency technologies in line with international best practices: thermal insulation layers, windows, energy efficiency lamps and heating system. Such technologies allows an energy saving of 72% in comparison to the current market average (the baseline scenario, based on standards, practices and market of Mongolia). This new building construction exceeds the national energy efficiency standards by average 15-20% (thermal EE standards).
- The MonSEFF team visited the company and, based on the gathered data, calculated the energy and cost savings related to the investment.
- Payback period: 4 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR): 25%
- Energy saving: 958 MWh/year
- Costs Saving: 35,500 USD/year
- Carbon emission reductions: 308 tonnes per year
- Other benefits: Reduced maintenance costs; Optimised comfort conditions; Significant reliability of the different equipment; Improved company’s brand
MonSEFF success story